View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation
Default Re: Heat Appear Set With Starting Shane Battier At Power Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I think the main reason Battier is gonna play the PF position, is for the defensive side of things.

This'll keep Bron rested and away from foul trouble. It will allow him to roam like Scottie did, and help on the big men.

The Heat are betting on putting all the defensive pressure on the wing players. They attempt to tire them out and make it hard for them to dump the ball inside. They did this with mixed results last night, we'll see what adjustments they make.

Yea I agree with what you're saying and like the strategy for 90% of the teams in this league. However, I would be surprised if battier defends all game the bigger pf's with post games like pau gasol, zach randolph, maybe dirk, perhaps aldridge or al jefferson. kevin love might even be a tough matchup for battier with his size and rebounding ability. Josh smith might even give battier problems with his strength, speed and jumping abilty.

I think Lebron will primarily guard those guys or at least split the duty with Battier. The only way I see Battier playing those guys all game or in crunch time would be with a lot of double teaming and using wade, lebron and chalmers speed to force turnovers, but I think 1on 1 would be the way to go they'd give up too many open looks having to double all the time in my opinion. I could be wrong but that's how I see it for now
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote