View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board
Default Re: Should the government cut entitlements?

I would only support cuts to entitlements if conservatives have to give up stuff they care about too.

Raise taxes, cut defense, cut farm subsidies, cut oil subsidies and tax big oil companies and coal companies for extracting our natural resources as well or its not fair.

If it is done fairly, I think it would be in our long term interest to pay down our national debt and reduce the amount of money we pay as interest on the debt. All of that money being paid as interest is a complete waste.

I am personally a fan of Keynesian economics under normal conditions, but the current US debt is huge I have seen numbers as high as $16 billion, which is about 100% of GDP. This greatly concerns me and I wouldn't object to some action that takes this number down a bit before trying a stimulus.

I know a lot of people are going to argue that Keynesian principles is what dug us out of the great depression, but WWII had a big impact on stimulating the economy and helping achieve full employment. I fear continued spending that doesnt stimulate growth.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote