View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board
Default Re: Eurostep// Two-step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I'm going to preface this by insisting I'm not trying to be "that guy" who can somehow pull off moves with the greatest of ease that other people declare difficult, but the Euro-step is actually pretty simple for most players if they spend a small amount of time figuring the steps out. I've personally been utilizing the Euro-step for probably around 8 years. I used a simpler "side step" prior to those 8 years (which was more or less squaring my body to a defender and stepping away), but once Manu came onto the scene, I moved toward the Euro (and yes, I know the move existed pre-Manu, but he influenced me regardless).

DStebb, I honestly think you just need to give it some TLC while you're working out alone and once it clicks, it'll be automatic. The steps are relatively simple and it's more or less just about getting the weight shift correct, thus allowing for a normal takeoff. It's similar to how in high school I couldn't pick up my dribble and take the ball behind my back before attempting a layup. Once I got the steps down though, it's now as natural as breathing.

well i'm not a standout basketball player by any means. i'm generally one of the better players on the floor in any pickup game i'm in, but still not a stud on the court. i just have trouble getting lift off the second step, otherwise i could utilize the move with ease. my best move on the court is by far my spin move. i don't want to sound like "that guy" (as you said) but my spin move is nearly unstoppable in games. i can make a spin on the run or in tight spaces and it generally ends in SOMEONE on my team getting a basket whether it's me or someone on a dish from me. that's pretty much my claim to fame on a basketball court.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote