View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #26
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Lakers depth a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Your points are correct, however, one thing that is very underrated (and also overrated if you see the glass as half full) is having homecourt advantage in the playoffs. How long will it take for them to gel? How long will it take before they begin to win consistently? Will the injuries that are current limit some of these players' abilities throughout the season/whatever is left of their careers?

This season literally would have to consist of perfection if we want the title. There can't be any injuries, or distractions, or any signs of age if they want to go forward. The word is that Kobe's foot is actually pretty serious. "Limping" is the word used to describe him. Do you see why these can be potential problems as the season progresses?

Health is an issue for every team. If Bosh didn't play in the finals they wouldn't have beat OKC. Yes, Kobe needs to be well enough to play at a very good level as does the rest of the team. That part is where the luck comes in. We will need the starting 5 healthy to pull it off.

As for home court advantage, in your conference it helps. In the finals I think having home court advantage is almost a disadvantage. I'm not a fan of the 2-3-2 format. I think it gives the away team the advantage as long as they can split one of the 2 first games.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote