View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is Tyrann Mathieu going to be a victim of Clarett's Syndrome?

I'm still pretty amazed that Maurice Clarett didn't make it in the NFL when I think about it. I've seen A LOT of NFL players come through the ranks in high school football in Ohio... A lot of really great players... From Charles Woodson and Robert Smith to Desmond Howard and Ben Roethlisberger to London Fletcher and Nick Mangold. I could go on and on...

I'm not sure any of those guys seemed like as sure a thing as Clarett. He was simply a man amongst boys, even when he went against other guys that ended up with careers in the NFL.

Then, to explode at OSU his freshman year the way he did... It seemed like he was destined to end up in that Charles Woodson/Robert Smith/Cris Carter class of the Ohio guys to become stars in the NFL.

If you would have told me then that he would never play a down in the NFL, I wouldn't have believed you. Seriously, he is kind of a joke now, but if you guys could have seen him when he was completely on top of his game...

Size, speed, power, moves... Phenomenal.

Here is some of his high school film. Keep in mind he went to Warren G. Harding High School, which plays some of the very best teams in the country... Not just Ohio, but the whole nation. There are other NFL players on the field with him in these highlights. Hell, he had future NFL players Mario Manningham and Prescott Burgess on his own team and he stood way above both.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 10-27-2012 at 08:05 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote