View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #147
mattvNJ
Local High School Star

mattvNJ has decent reputationmattvNJ has decent reputation
Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
okc took a step back today...theres a reason why martin gets bumped to different teams each year...

i dont see how those draft picks will help if their in win now mode...the should package the picks for a good low post defender

Martin has played for three teams... the kings from 2004-2010... and then the rockets. he doesnt get bumped around every year lol. Also martin isnt a much of a downgrade aside from on a defensive point, on offense martin puts up more ppg and slightly lower in each stat(although his FG% could be higher). Also he had to start on poorer teams. I think theyre both good players but with OKC getting picks and an exciting prospect in Lamb i dont see this as a terrible trade for either parties. Rockets want revenue generated through their organization thats apparent through their recent aquisitions. And OKC didnt want all that payroll for a 6th man who fell asleep during the finals. They have their stars, Ibaka, durant, westbrook. Theyll be fine and still competing for that top spot.
mattvNJ is offline   Reply With Quote