View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #33
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Fire Mike Brown!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
You guys are too funny. Mike Brown should be fired, but it's not because they went 0-8 in the preseason and lost two in a row to start this season. He should be fired because he's a really really (really really) awful coach who has predictable schemes, no creativity, and no clue with regard to rotations, managing minutes, or making adjustments. Other than that, he's fine.

The defense (allegedly Brown's forte) has been awful, but Dwight's very clearly not 100%. He had a lot of points tonight against an undersized Hickson and a rookie Leonard, but he wasn't finishing plays he'd normally smash; he even laid it up instead of dunking it several times, Divac-style. And this was especially obvious on defense, when he failed to hedge effectively on screen-rolls and lacked his usual ridiculous recovery speed. Once/if Dwight returns to normal, the defense will pick up, and the wins will accrue.

The offense shouldn't be blamed too much. The overeliance on the hybrid Princeton is a travesty when you have a magician like Nash on your team, but I'm hoping the staff learns to not run it as much when Nash is in the game. The Princeton should be utilized more when the bench is out there, since a lot of them are more dependent on getting shots through plays (so-called system players).

ANYWAY, this thread and the 37 other Brown threads are a bit of an overreaction. Mike Brown sucks, and overall he is a limiting factor on this team's potential (when a coach would ideally be the exact opposite), but this team will eventually figure it out and be a 2-3 seed, 55-ish win team. I'm more worried about the playoffs, when Brown's limitations as a strategist will be more exposed.

FF, I love your well thought out, well worded posts

Mike Brown is getting worse by the day and It's very obvious that none of the players have any faith in him.....why should they, and this effects their on court play as well. I am not nearly as confident as you that this will be a 55 win team, much less a 2-3 seed with the moron as a head coach.
Frustration will be greater this year because we have so much talent and everyone rightfully expects this team to at least get to the finals......
Stay tuned for a team mutiny of epic proportions....there was a mutiny last year but this one will be much, much bigger.

Overreaction? When you have talent this great and a coach this inept, incompetent, clueless, useless, stupid, idiotic, is there such a thing as a "non violent" worded overreaction from Lakers fans......I say NO
Is is worthy of more than 3 threads....probably not, I think all comments can be contained within 2-3 threads......but there is just that much realization out there and real anger.

You are 100% correct that in the playoffs this idiot....if he survives the season, will be badly out-coached AGAIN and we will lose....no question about it.

If anyone wants to create a thread defending Mike Brown, have at it.......I love a good laugh.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote