View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #59
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Agreed, D'Antoni isn't a great coach. I'd love to have him as an offensive coordinator, but definitely not as a coach. Let some other team have him. His system won't win championships.

One guy that doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves in my opinion is Nate McMillan. I always thought his teams were better than they were supposed to be. He seems to always get the best out of his guys. He's been an assistant for the Olympic team for a while now too. In doing so that means he's been around teams that have had Kobe and Dwight in the starting lineup together. He knows how to get them to mesh. I think he's a name that is under the radar that could be someone to look at. I'm not saying he's the man necessarily, just saying the Lakers should be looking at him. Portland is stupid for letting him go.

And by the way, make that two of us who were against the Brown hiring from the beginning

Yes, we were both over the Lakers hiring of Brown from day 1.

Nate McMillan is a good coach, but for me he seems to be missing something.....I can't even tell you what? Maybe a lack of calm under pressure? I think he could get us to the finals but couldn't win it.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote