View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #155
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I like how franchise keeps on shitting on our bench even after they played pretty well against the defending champions and the best team in the league.

Kidd - 12/4/3 , had some really smart plays and hit his shots
Brewer - 7/5/3 with some nice defense
J.R. - 11/3/6 , made some boneheaded plays but he played hard and used drive and kick a lot more than he did last season
Steve Novak - 17/2/1 - DEADLY
Prigioni - 0/1/3 - nothing special but I expect more from him
Rasheed Wallace - 3/1 - SHEEEEEEEED

Melo was really hot at the start but I then he started to force things and take some bad shots,especially in the 2nd quarter. But I was impressed with his defense. Even when isolated on LeBron and Wade he didn't give up and actually defended them well. He was very active,didn't hold the ball too much and even though he took some bad shots I think he played pretty well.
Raymond Felton also played great,I knew he was a great off-season pickup.
Ball movement was great. Defense was also pretty good. These are the 2 things that won the game for us,along with effort and focus.
We were constantly focused and Miami never came close. That's what I really liked to see.

#1 It was one game
#2 Brewer and Kidd both started
#3 I love how you are mad because I supposedly didn't give the bench the credit it deserves, yet you are ranting about the guy who got 30 and 10 and completely locked up Wade and LeBron whenever he guarded them. I did the same thing you did. I mentioned the good and the bad. So why am I the "bad guy"? did you actually READ my post or are you responding to what you THINK I'm going to say? I gave Novak his props. I gave Kidd his props. I said JR was good on D but terrible offensively. Essentially, I said everything you said lmao

Quote:
I want to see the replay. I just dont think we got Miami's best last night. They seemed to get punched in the mouth and didnt really respond.

I think they were acting like prima donnas. I get their stance about the Sandy situation but once you're there, suit up and play. They seem uninterested after the Knicks came out and hit them where it hurts. I think once they realized the Knicks were ready to make it a dog fight, they said F it... we'll get em next time.

3 things of note:
1.Our defense was pretty good but what was up with that stretch in the 1st half where we went to zone? It was a disaster lol

2. I keep trying to tell people LeBron doesn't want to guard Melo but Melo has no problems guarding him or Wade. Nobody wants to believe me because it's like blasphemous to say anything about LeBron other that him not taking the big shot or the LeCision. The proof is in the pudding though. Whether Melo plays SF or PF, LeBron simply doesn't want to have to guard him all night. When LeBron or Wade get the ball, Melo has no problems checking them. My favorite play of the night is when Wade had Melo one on one and he tried like 90 moves and ultimately Melo blocked his shot and we went the other way.

3. Say what you will about this next statement but I know what I see when I watch these games. Tyson Chandler looked AWFUL. We had guys like JR and Prigioni look bad on offense but still stand up and hold their own defensively. Tyson Chandler didn't I thought he looked bad on both ends. I thought our "best" defensive player actually looked like our worst. Im not saying he should get benched, but I would be a fan of starting him early then going with Sheed down the stretch once he gets in shape. Any time table on Marcus Camby?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote