View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I enjoy so much watching this team play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I agree. When we won games under D'Antoni it was because we either made shots or the other teams were missing their open looks.

No defense,no gameplan. Just run,launch threes and hope they will go in.

Right now we're playing very good defense,limiting opponents to 84 points. When your opponent scores just 84 points then you'll win in 95% of cases.
Playing defense allows you to get out and run,get some easy baskets but it also always keeps you in games. You won't always shoot well but by playing defense you know that even if you're having a bad shooting night you can still win because your opponent won't score a lot of points either.
I'm also impressed with our team rebounding so far. That's one thing I have to give Kidd credit for. Unlike Rondo, he knows when to go for a rebound and when he's the last line of defense. Hopefully this remains true throughout the year. So far, we have so many guys flying to the ball, we have to yell "same team". That's great. Growing up, the good coaches always tell you...rebounding is about 90% effort and 10% technique. If Chandler boxed out properly, he could average 15 boards a game. He just wants to tap the ball now though.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote