View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Lakers beat Pistons for first win of season. Now 1-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
What is there to say? Wow, we crushed that horribly inept team?
Let's plan the championship parade? We showed the Pistons who is better?
Do you realize how many games I have seen since 1960? How many games I have coached? And yet you are looking for me to get excited and comment because we beat a really crappy team.....as if it means anything?
Trust me, we will not be playing against a team like Detroit in the playoffs.
Do you know how it feels to coach against a team that bad, and blow them out.......embarrassing. If you have a close game or lose.....more embarrassing.
There is no glory in it. I coach to destroy the other team and love it when we blow out a good-great team.....that actually gets me excited.

You're making the Pistons sound worse than they are. Sure they'll likely be in the lottery again this year, but they do have some very good young talent on that team. That front line of Drummond & Monroe could be one of the better ones in the league in a year or two. One big question mark for the Lakers this year was if their legs would be able to keep up with some of the younger teams in the league. While it's not a great win, it did show some good signs of things to come for LA. I'm not getting overly excited about it, but there's definitely some positives to take away from it.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote