View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Lakers beat Pistons for first win of season. Now 1-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
You're making the Pistons sound worse than they are. Sure they'll likely be in the lottery again this year, but they do have some very good young talent on that team. That front line of Drummond & Monroe could be one of the better ones in the league in a year or two. One big question mark for the Lakers this year was if their legs would be able to keep up with some of the younger teams in the league. While it's not a great win, it did show some good signs of things to come for LA. I'm not getting overly excited about it, but there's definitely some positives to take away from it.

Exactly. Guys like Stuckey were doing their thing and using their own talents to get wide open shots. Luckily they missed some, but half of the time or more, the laker guards were doing a spectacular job keeping up. Dwight shut down the paint completely and Gasol played harder than I'd seen him since he first came to Los Angeles.

I have to also give credit to Steve Blake for having himself a nice game. He hit some shots but more importantly, he had 6 assists and played great defense, as he always does.

To be even more frank, I expected there to be an improvement after Nash went down defensively. It's difficult for Nash to keep up. When Blake is in there, by default there was an improvement in the defense. Either that or I'd give credit to the coaching staff for their adjustments, but I don't think DK would like that very much.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote