View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #31
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why aren't I getting better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyap9675
He's saying drills are a waste of time when you're too old and you should just be contented on how you play with no aims of getting better.

Do it for yourself, it feels so rewarding when you get complimented in the courts saying that you have improved a lot. Heck doing drills is even better than just staring at the computer all day, playing games etc

Just make sure you have other things in your life going on - work, relationships, education. It's all about balance.

In order to Make improvements you need a mix of skill work and games. At 25 you should be building your career and setting the foundation for your life. Where does putting in 90 minutes doing skill work multiple times per week + games + lifting fit into the greater scheme of things. Improving in a sport to the point of being good takes a lot of time. Working on skill drills so people compliment you on a ball court would be weird. Honestly, I'd laugh at any 25 year old 5"7 dude running through drills by himself at the park.

Guess it comes down to the fact that I see no benefit from this activity. I think you are weird for wanting to do skill work at 25. This is coming from a former gym rat as well. Do something productive with that extra time.
IGOTGAME is online now   Reply With Quote