View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What the Nets need to improve(...after that mindblowing loss)

unfortunately i fell asleep around game time. from the comments at ND it sounded like they went right back to giving brook the ball at the three point line and asking him to operate from there. part of that due to nikola-whatshisname pushing him around inside, of course. still, not a good combination given his slowness and his poor reaction to double teams.

brook's always going to be a liability on defense, but at this point i was hoping he'd have developed his strength and his court awareness more. i thought he'd have developed more into a euro-like center with the good shooting AND good passing to at least make up for the poor defense and rebounding. instead it sounded like he was forcing up horrible shots and failing to find his teammates for easy baskets. that's disappointing.

re: rebounding and toughness,
kenyon martin is sounding more attractive in the wake of this collapse. unlike evans, he can play some intense 1-on-1 defense. although i'm not even sure hump should be starting over evans at this point. at least evans knows how to clean the glass... something hump seems to have forgotten at the moment.

re: netsdaily,
so far i've been disappointed with the game summaries there. not a lot of insight in to what just happened... just the usual breezy game summaries like you read at any generic site. i'm definitely missing dave d'alessandro doing regular analysis like he used to.

one thing that's very cool about other SBnation sites, like bloody elbow, is that there's tons of analysis and breakdown of moves and plays. but for whatever reason netsdaily doesn't try to offer that same level of insight. maybe it's just my imagination but i thought they used to try for more of that.

Last edited by gigantes : 11-06-2012 at 12:50 PM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote