View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jerry Jones promises he will always be GM

I don't think Jerry Jones is stupid or anything like that. You'll not find one post of mine saying that nor saying EVER he's a bad owner. But you can't do every job, and having a GM that answers to no one and can essentially (by the sheer intimidation of his position) force a coach to play players they don't want is not what you want. Can it work? YES. Will it work? I'd bet against it.

I'm sure there are a ton of people who are better GM's than Jerry would be considering GM is a small part of his overall job. You don't think a focused GM only who had to worry about Jerry firing him and had accountability would be better?

Makes no sense to me but i'm constantly reminded how the last ten years of the Cowboys being a 500 team have nothing to do with bad choices and are always just about luck.

If the Giants GM starts doing a bad job, if he is no longer making good choices, he'll be replaced. If the Cowboys GM does a bad job, he says "let's try that again". You prefer choice #2?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote