View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #65
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fire Mike Brown!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
You do know that Jerry Sloan is a pretty negative guy more often than not, right? He runs the team old-school style where the players shutup and do what Sloan says. If you don't, you get punished. Sloan doesn't care if you're a regular player or superstar like Kobe or Dwight. He will yell at Kobe and make Kobe run laps if he speaks out.

Sloan used to yell at Deron Williams' face during games if he did something stupid in front of rest of team, coaches and fans. Sloan is great coach but old style. If Dwight got sick of Van Gundy being negative, Sloan will scream at him and bench him for short periods if he screws something up on the court. He doesn't take $hit from anyone, not even Karl Malone or John Stockton in prime. He doesn't yell as much as Stan, but he can be pretty negative at times. Weren't there rumors that D-Williams almost get into a fistfight with Sloan? Reminds me a bit of Pat Riley getting close to a fistfight with Shaq when Alonzo Mourning/wade/others had to hold back Riley/Shaq from pulling punches.

The difference in this case is that Sloan actually has credentials. If Dwight and the team can understand that, it will be just fine. He is very old school, and his way is proven at bringing titles. You need a no nonsense coach like Jerry Sloan. With one of those top notch coaches, you're always going to get some sort of attitude thats undesirable. Like Phil Jackson for example. He has this "I don't care if we win by 50 or lose by 50" attitude. He doesn't really show much of any emotion. Guys like Kobe gave him a second chance after he said that Kobe sabotaged games in high school. It was a big problem that got solved after Phil came and led them to more titles.

I didn't hear of the fist fight rumors with Sloan and Williams. I just heard they both had a huge fight where you can hear tirades from far away lol.

But Jerry Sloan is my first choice. I don't really have anyone else in mind honestly. I couldn't even think of D'Antoni. His no defense will completely kill this team. He never even took Nash and the suns to the finals and their team was talented enough.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote