View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #57
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation
Default Re: What will be the most heartworming story this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Kevin Durant has reached his potential, and is one of the best players in the league, largely due to his scoring ability. With that said, he will never be a good to great defender.

I stick by my statement that Oden had a higher ceiling. Oden was in the mould of a young Shaq, with better defense but inferior offense. Sure Oden was foul prone and free throws were a weakness, but those are common flaws among centres/forwards that gets better with experience.
Sure, Durant will never be the defensive force that Oden might have been, but overall he's a better player with a higher ceiling. He's still getting better, and if he actually bulks up a bit, he'll be challenging LBJ for the MVP for the next decade. In fact, he'll do that anyway, even at his current level.

Quote:
Durant hasn't and will not win a championship as the man. Feel free to bump this, but I know it won't need to be.
This was said about LBJ after the 2011 debacle. What happened then? This was said about Jordan after repeated failures to advance in the playoffs. What happened then?

I hate to break this to you, but Durant was in the Finals last year as The Man. Yes, he got spanked, but so did LBJ his first time there. You should never, ever count out a player who's actually manged to lead his team to the Finals.

The Thunder are the #3 odds-on favorite to win the championship this season. So, the people who bet on the NBA for their livelihoods obviously think much better of Durant's title chances than you do.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote