View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #46
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: OGT: OKC (5-2) vs Piston (0-7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper
oh i dont know, maybe running JJ as a pf was a mistake. Also Max was playing the pf position so JJ was taking minutes from max not Andre. The second Andre went out Westbrook and company began driving the ball right down the lane. and when Andre was in there the guards and forwards kept driving the ball right into ibaka and getting it swatted as time expired. A half decent coach would have his children drive and dish or kickout and make damn sure whoever got the kickout shot the friggin ball instead of dribbling it until the defender showed up. If they arent gonna shoot the friggin thing, put in English or Middleton, both of whome will shoot with accuracy.
Well, to be fair, if Jonas Jerebko's not putting some time in with the Pistons' frontcourt, that sort of only leaves three players to fill two positions for an entire game (one of whom is 19 years old).

And when mentioning Maxiell and Andre together, my logic was Greg Monroe's going to get his time regardless and depending upon whether Drummond or Maxiell was in the game, Monroe would bounce between a four and five. Basically, if Drummond's going to eat anyone's time in the front court, it's mostly going to be Maxiell's, not Monroe's. Further, if Maxiell's getting the job done, he'll likely be cutting into Drummond's PT.

Moreover, driving and kicking is easier said than done. The issue with throwing big minutes at Kim English or Khris Middleton at this point is being a good shooter isn't always good enough to be effective on a basketball court. English has been getting big-boyed on the defensive end this year (though he tries hard) and Middleton... well... I just haven't seen much from him at this point. I'm just not sure I could support arguing a coach is terrible because an unproven 39th overall pick is not in the ballgame.

I thought the Pistons played a heck of a game tonight and as one could presume, they were undone by their youth, inexperience, and general lack of skill. It wasn't something Kyle Singler's going to be able to come off the bench and turn around 180 degrees.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 11-12-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote