View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #43
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I think you might have a point there. If you watch espn, look at how nuts they are going over this. If somebody had no idea who Phil or D'Antoni or nba was, they would think that there is some huge major controversy going. It's obvious that they want to absolutely hype this up and juice it out..

Gotten to the point that some idiots in media manufactured this whole "Phil didn't want to coach any of the away games" and "wanted to control every Laker roster move" and "wanted part ownership" along with other garbage.... where the hell did all that come from?
Phil said they didn't even talk about contract specifics in the Jimmy/Mitch/Phil meeting on Saturday morning. Kurt Rambis also said neither of it is true and was never discussed. Phil's agent said that he went to LA on Sunday evening to negotiate the contract and said that neither of those two things were even talked about. The Lakers did NOT refute anything that Phil/Rambis/his agent said. If they were lying, wouldn't lakers have refuted it by now?

It's obviously somebody in the media made up that nonsense and they all started using it. What a joke.

Phil DID ask for this on his last contract with the Lakers, that is where this came from a fact that was well known and I commented on it a couple months ago in a thread, it was assumed that he would ask for the same thing. It was not made up out of thin air.
Now did he ask for this again.......probably so but not to the point that negotiations should've been cut off. My guess is that Jimmy got drunk and/or pissed off at Jeanie and did the deal in the middle of the night.....why else would he do it at that hour, it's not like anyone was after 'Antoni.
It's the only thing that makes sense because the coach can't even be there for over a week
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote