View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #51
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How does Kobe's legacy change by winning a 6th or 7th ring in an "unwinnable" system?

its just dumb to me when people call it a unwinnable system

the Suns were a top team in the league when he coached them. once he left they sucked. didn't they make the western conference semi's 2 out of 4 years? so how the fukk do people think they can't win? because they didn't win a ring when so few teams do, and the separation between wins and losses between the top teams come down to making a few more shots than the other?

problem is there are so many sports fans caught up in thinking in a box, like everything has to be done in some particular way to win. its the same thing with know it all football heads who still yap about having to run to win in football and they become more and more outdated and behind the times as each year passes in a passers league. there was a time when the complex offense pass happy coaches were way ahead of the general mentality most coaches and GM's had of 'winning football' where they took tons of criticism.

its just such retard mentality to me but whatever. even his Knicks stint especially early on(pre Melo trade) his style was able to be competitive with a lot of better teams with much lesser talent where they'd pull off quite a few upsets altho they seemed to go into OT a lot from what i remember. and post Melo, Lin did not have the handles or quickness to run his offense. nevermind the fact that his team was constantly hurt, and even when they weren't hurt they were playing awful and missing shots and not capitalizing on their opportunities like they are now(melo). D Antoni isn't nearly as bad as his critics act but its just stupid the way a lot of people think.

i do wonder what Barkley has to say about it since i usually respect his views on things.

Last edited by Godzuki : 11-13-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote