View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #66
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Romney says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with big gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Check the unemployment % when Obama took office, and look now, plus, consider that as bad as it is, it's deceptively low considering how many gave up looking for jobs this summer because of how bad the economy had been for 4 years.

The BLS has a stat that tracks that. It's the u6 unemployment number and it tells the same story as the general u3 figure: Obama took office at the very height of job losses, job losses rose for another year and then have slowly tapered down to about where they were when he took office, but not where they were when the recession began

To me people who hold this against Obama simply don't understand the nature and magnitude of the 2007-2009 crisis. No one on ISH has lived through a crisis like this, not even Jlauber. (I think a very valid criticism of Obama is he didn't undertstand this and communicate this.)

So ShaqAttack, please tell me what would have been different under a different president? What would another president have been able to do to affect the demand side of the economy after a massive housing & credit bubble have popped?
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote