View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #87
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: Romney says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with big gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
For one, it would have been nice to have a president who focused more on the economy instead of health care reform. It's clear that he hasn't done enough, and been focused enough on the economy. Based on what he puts out there, it seems like he's still not living in reality when it comes to the economy. I don't know what other presidents would have done, you never know, but I know this president has not done a good job the last 4 years. I don't think the problem was just Obama's failure to communicate the severity of the economy, but even with some of the unknowns, I think he himself underestimated by more than what I'd call a reasonable margin for error.

You expected it to continue at that rate? That simply wasn't going to happen. The bottom line is through almost 4 years, unemployment is what it was when he took office.

Oh, and by the way? Who gave me this anonymous rep?

It's funny to me that people can't keep it civil, and it's funnier that this person apparently "looked up to me", despite never meeting me and knowing nothing about me. Who looks up to someone on the internet?
Healthcare is something like 20% of our economy. and a huge portion of it is wasted on insurance oversight, etc. There is a reason why many other countries are able to provide a better average standard of service than the US at a significantly lower cost. True health care reform would have a massive impact on the economy. Besides, why do you want the gub'ment meddling in your awesome "free" market economy? Shouldnt the market correct itself?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote