View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
Kiarip
High School Starter

Default Re: I didnt make my High School Basketball Team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood yes
As I am writing this, tears are coming out of my eyes, and I'm about to CRY. I am in 12th grade, and I am 5'6-5'8, 110-115 pounds, asian point guard. I played jv as a junior last year, and got lots of minutes, and coach promised me I would be playing Varisty as a senior if i practiced. I practiced FOUR TO SEVEN hours a day, playing basketball. I sacrificed SCHOOL GRADES for this. I would be waking up at FOUR to play basketball. But at tryouts, guys who are just athletic and black make the team, when they give no effort, practice once a week, and cant remeber the plays.

Its not fair, is it cause im asian? I practiced a lot more than the other guys, and gave a lot of effort, I communicated, had a postive attitude, showed heart, leadership, helped people when they were stuck, I made good passes that WERNT flashy, i played TIGHT Defense on guys 3-4 inches taller than me (my school is really good at bball, we are top 10 in the state, and our average point guard height is 5'10).

Is it because I was too short? I seriously felt like choking coach when he didnt call my name. Should I ask him to give me another chance?

always ask for another chance, you have nothing to lose if he says no.
Kiarip is offline   Reply With Quote