View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #264
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Sheed is still getting his game shape back, and he has the fear of the opposition when he is on the court, even if he misses his shots.

That's pretty much his role right now, but once he truly gets into game shape, I'd expect more of the post from.

I did want to comment on Melo though.

Once again, a game where he can't get calls to save his life, but he didn't let it bother him at all.

He just calmly did other things like rebounding and made some solid passes to open team mates.

He's getting it now, and I can't be more happy.

I totally agree about Melo. They made a concerned effort to make someone else beat them. The sent doubles. They had Duncan cheat on pick and rolls. Instead of being relentless, he saw that he wasn't getting calls and other guys were knocking down shots. So he contributed in other ways. He played tough d. He battled on the glass and led the team in rebounds. He really played like a leader.

Another thing I'd like to point out that I think hasn't been brought up is our communication on D. From jump, I've always said the one thing I praise Chandler for is how much he talks on D. I remember the first game report I did when I went to the Wiz vs Knicks game. I was amazed at how much he communicates on D. Kidd is the same way. Melo is good at it also. Sheed has always been stellar. Growing up playing basketball, talking on defense was my weakness at first. I was a shy kid so I just wanted to do my part and lock my man down. Communication is so key for a solid defense... especially from your front court players.

#1 The Obvious- your're telling people where to go
#2 The Confusion- you're creating a lot of noise while the PG is barking out orders to his offense
#3 The 2nd guessing- When point guards hear you making adjustments or saying what they're gonna do before they do it, they have to think about plan B.

Kudos to our guys for quality communication on defense for the most part. The biggest props however has to go to Mike Woodson who hasn't gotten enough recognition for the coaching job he's been doing with a roster that is less talented than the teams we're beating.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote