Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
PG: Smush, Sasha
SG: Kobe, Evans, McKie
SF: Odom, Walton
PF: Radmanovic, Cook, Turiaf
C: Kwame, Mihm, Bynum

A brief look at where we are at.

We have too many bigs. If you take Cook and Mihm out, we'll need to bring in a player who can man both positions. Also, that will leave us with two young guys backing up Radman and Kwame. We need him to be an experienced player. This is why I like acquiring Melvin Ely.

McKie can be taken out of the picture. Smush or Sasha can step over the 2 spot. We can bring in a point guard (Pargo, Shammond, whatever) for the 1.7 mil exception. He doesn't have to start, but we'll need him for depth at least.

After that, we're pretty much set as far as our 12 man roster goes.

This is just my opinion.

i like ely, i wouldnt be upset if we acquired him. how about if we do 2 sign and trades. first trade chris mihm and a draft pick to minnesota for marcus banks. and second trade cook, smush parker, and devean george (we are going to lose george anyway) to seattle for chris wilcox. (he still has a home in la when he played for the clips) of course george has to agree for the sign and trade but we can always include players like mkie and von wafer in the deal since they have expiring contracts and seattle is having financial issues now so they might go for it....imagine this starting five...kobe sg, marcus banks pg, lamar odom sf, chris wilcox pf, kwame brown c, and you have rad, luke walton, andrew bynum, r turiaf, sasha, coming off the bench. not too bad a rebuilding job after a couple years.
lakers4life is offline   Reply With Quote