View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Are college rankings important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Well when I'm talking about rankings, I'm talking about the rankings of the field of study like top 50 business school vs. a business school that wasn't even ranked or something like that.

I think it all comes down to perception of the school or program whether it is ranked or not. If it comes down to a candidate from a school known for their business program versus a candidate from a school that the employer had never heard of, it certainly can make a difference. But you should hopefully find a job either way. Obviously a high ranked school is going to be more known in that field, so it can give you an edge in individual interviews, but ultimately you may end up with a good job either way.

Also, if the school is not ranked because it is truly no good at training their students, then it certainly makes a difference.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote