View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #24
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Rudy Gay vs. Luol Deng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Deng is still the better player. Gay may have more upside, but he hasn't put it together and been better than Deng yet.

Deng is also a pretty talented guy. He does a bit of everything. He can shoot, is a solid scorer and knows how to work with his offense. He's not Pippen, but he does a lot of little things, is a very good rebounder and one of the best defenders in the league.

Gay is a scorer. He's really a 2guard who has no handles. He's a good shooter from midrange and is has athleticism. But his game is not very refined and, while he has some skills, I never have the impression that he's worked on anything. And in this offense, there's no doubt that he isn't as valuable as Deng.

Come to think of it, would be a good trade...assuming Gay could play with Rose when Rose comes back...so maybe not.

Evan Turner...

Nah, but Deng is very overrated. He's a great guy in his role, but comparing him to an all-star in Gay is laughable. You can say Deng was an all-star, too, but lol at that. Donuts.

Deng is a great glue guy. He's never gonna be better than that, though. There are many players who you could wonder if they were better than Deng, like Caron Butler or Lamar Odom. Or even Tayshaun Prince. Is he better than AK?

I think people have a hard time taking a player out of their role on their team and imagining them in a new situation, surrounded by new players to compare them. Deng really broke out against Miami, people thought he was gonna become an all-star, but he didn't. He's just a role player who is great at what he does.

Rudy Gay is considerably better. I don't care what stats look like because they are a product of two totally different situations.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote