View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #25
tikay0
Banned

Default Re: Rudy Gay vs. Luol Deng

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
Evan Turner...

Nah, but Deng is very overrated. He's a great guy in his role, but comparing him to an all-star in Gay is laughable. You can say Deng was an all-star, too, but lol at that. Donuts.

Deng is a great glue guy. He's never gonna be better than that, though. There are many players who you could wonder if they were better than Deng, like Caron Butler or Lamar Odom. Or even Tayshaun Prince. Is he better than AK?

I think people have a hard time taking a player out of their role on their team and imagining them in a new situation, surrounded by new players to compare them. Deng really broke out against Miami, people thought he was gonna become an all-star, but he didn't. He's just a role player who is great at what he does.

Rudy Gay is considerably better. I don't care what stats look like because they are a product of two totally different situations.

-Smak

Don't mislead anyone. He broke out against the 06'-07' Heat. I was so amped for Deng the next year, then he gets hurt, and hasn't gotten much better ever since.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote