View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:19 AM   #164
bladefd
Good college starter

Default Re: Romney says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with big gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
I honestly don't disagree with you. There has been a massive redistribution of wealth from the poor/middle class to the rich. But this isn't happening through free market capitalism, it's happening through government channels. When the federal reserve prints money, it lowers the value of the dollar. This affects the poor the most, since they're less likely to be holding non-dollar assets. The rich guy owns a business, he owns real estate, he owns stocks, precious metals. The poor person just has dollars, and if those are devalued, he has nothing else to fall back on. Corporations use the government to give them special powers, and pass laws that put their competitors out of business, etc, another blow to poor/middle class. The poor have been systematically attacked in this country, but the answer to that isn't to give the government more power, to pass more laws, more regulation agencies, etc. The answer is to introduce more freedom into the economy, get the government out of the way, and allow society to build itself up through market exchange. That's what I think is the best thing for the poor.

That is what we already had through the 80s and 90s. Look at the corruption wallstreet has had, and they were getting away with it since there was no real watchdog. The private sector was booming sure, but at what cost? CEOs and other top administrators were getting multi-million bonuses on top of the millions they were already making.

I don't know about you but I come from the train of thought that the private and public sector are DIRECTLY connected. You can't be completely hands-off and let the private sector do whatever they want, however they want, whenever they want, the way they see fit within their own law guidelines. Somebody has to ensure that they follow the law like the rest of us. For decades now, they were getting away with murder. I'm not saying to go back to the FDR days during the whole black depression days when the government basically took complete control to shimmer down the depression and get things to normalcy. I am simply saying you just need a watchdog to ensure they follow the law like the rest of us.

Who else would you be willing to be the watchdog? We have been letting the inmates run the asylum for some time now, and we have seen that rampant corruption. While it was rolling and profits were rolling in, there were little or no complaints. When things started to fell apart in mid-2000s, they come to the public sector and federal/state governments begging to be let off the hook. You tell me. Who watches over them? Let them watch over themselves again or does somebody else? If somebody else does, how do you want them to? How do they get appointed?

anyways, gotta get going. more discussion tomorrow
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote