View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #2321
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Look, i have been watching this "sport" probably earlier than anybody here (and am a longtime martial artist myself, TKD 1st dan, muay thai and a bit of bjj, if that means anything) and i can tell you right now that GSP is the most perfect & well rounded MMA "fighter" ive seen in my life and this i have been saying since the first time i saw him in 2002 (due to potential)... he has absolutely unmatched wrestling (like literally nobody ive seen before in MMA) and his striking can only be matched by Anderson Silva, which brings me to my point.... Anderson Silva will NEVER win against GSP if they decide to fight, i beg you please dont believe otherwise.... he will have as much of a chance against GSP as any of the best strikers GSP ever had to face.... he will fall to the same fate & outcome all of GSPs opponents did, which is GSPs bizarre wrestling....

You see, wrestling is and always will be the best & most important facit of MMA (or in any general no-rule-brawl bar bareknuckle man to man fighting outside your house with a stranger).... Being a superiour wrestler means that YOU control where the fight is gona go... now combine that with the absolute best striking, brazilian jiu jitsu, work ethic, will, heart, IQ and you get GSP............... The way Anderson Silva has mastered striking is the way GSP has mastered everything else (including striking)....

In fights, GSP will attack you anywhere 24-7... he is not afraid of anything... however Anderson Silva is afraid of going to the ground, he avoids going to the ground because not just because his wrestling is his weakness but because he is afraid of even being on top and counteracting submission attacks (its a gamble he doesnt like to take and he is much more dominant standing anyways)...

Anderson Silva is the best striker in UFC (so is GSP) and that is basically the only thing that is keeping him dominant in his very low competitive weightclass (which is very overwhelming against any of his those opponents in his weightclass), but he has HORRIBLE wrestling... the only wrestler he ever faced was Chael Sonnen and he was ragdolling Silva like he was a 8 year old girl, almost winning if it wasnt for that lucky triangle he pulled at the last second... now... imagine Sonnen with even better wrestling and equal striking to Silva and even better BJJ... that is GSP...

Silva later improved his takedown defense strategy in his last fight against Sonnen, but that wont work against GSP that well..... neither will Silvas striking work against GSP the way he wants it........ neither will anything else.......

GSP is the best fighter in MMA today... and the best / most complete ever...

Anderson Silva is great and is probably the most entertaining guy to watch for majority of fans due to his striking & striking only & flashiness, but he is overrated when he is called better than GSP........ hell, i think even Jon Jones is probably better fighter than Anderson Silva, for the same exact reasons GSP is better than Anderson Silva... dont get fooled by Anderson Silvas flashiness... he wouldnt touch that championship belt if he had to face something like GSP or yes probably even Jon Jones...

pauk gonna pauk
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote