View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:42 AM   #34
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Struggling with Depression

depression is a b!tch, my friend. it runs in my father's side of the family. both my older sister and him take medicine for it. my dad suffered from it for years. he was ALWAYS extremely grouchy, starting arguments with my mom and he stayed in his room all day long. growing up with him was a nightmare.

i don't really know that it affects me much any more. i do get mood swings and i'm always sleepy, not sure if that's from me working nights, being overweight or depression. i had a bad panic attack last week and i'm hoping that it was an isolated incident.

like someone stated, keep busy. my kids keep me on my toes most of the time and keep my mind occupied. exercising is also a great way to keep depression at bay. taking meds would be my last resort of advice for anyone. i don't like the idea of using chemicals to alter my natural thinking

of course you could always move to colorado and smoke the ganga legally.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote