View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #202
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Re: Romney says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with big gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Sad how some people have NO concept of community or human decency. I know America is based on an individualistic mindset, but republicans are flat out greedy people who only consider themselves..

America was built by people working TOGETHER, and helping their fellow countrymen when needed.

the programs that republicans deride as 'gifts' are mostly the same programs that helped build America in during the 40's and 50's (baby boom generation)

Nowadays since new people are trying to use those same programs that helped Americans in the past, to help themselves today? Now republicans have bought into this huge lie that people make it on their own

They demonize the poor, minorities, women, and whoever else they feel they can get away with

but the good news is that GOP got slapped in the face by the American public this time

The good news is that GOP now has a price to pay for being soo disrespectful to soo many people.

They used be able to race bait and demonize without it hurting them in elections.. Well those days are over and Oreilly and all the FOX sad faced clowns are crying the blues because "traditional" America is dead

thank god

Carlin nailed it years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9iY8Std8nQ

Saying anything negative about anybody that is rich is now dirty talk according to republicans and some libertarians.

You see, I'm a Gary Johnson type of guy in a lot of ways. Libertarians have some nice ideals... Everybody should make on their own, we don't need no stinkin' government etc.... If we cut out welfare then the "takers" will all become hard workers and we will have a nice little Leave to the Beaver society.

Not reality.

Now... I do believe we need entitlement reform. But chances are food stamps does keep food in the mouths of some children in this country that are stuck with lazy parents who do take advantage of the system. Fact is, there are parents in this world that would put that 12 pack of beer above their childrens needs. At the end of the day, welfare puts food in peoples stomach, while wars take lives. So yeah, I'm more upset with our warmongering right now than I am cutting back on welfare.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote