View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #208
MMM
877-954-1893

Default Re: Israel's Assassination of Hamas Chief, Hamas don't stop firing rockets into Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Wow, my university is gonna have a Q&A live video feed with students in gaza. Gonna check it out, will be really good to see AN ACTUAL KID LIVING IN GAZA'S PERSPECTIVE rather than bullshit news feeds.

Might ask if it's true that people sometimes act up injured for the cameras, like in those Pallywood videos. Gotta find a way to word it delicately.

My uni has a huge Muslim and Free Palestine society but all of them I've talked to are actually really really rational and calm people, who ask alot of questions about Judaism and loads of them I've even had the discussion about how Judaism and Islam are so similar, and how the Arab golden age with Maimonides every religion got along, and they agreed, haven't really run in to any psychos like the Hamas apologists on ISH or the people who are mass protesting the Israeli dance reviews here in London as "extensions of the occupation"

Arab golden age was an awesome time in human history, real muslims like Saladin were Arab leaders back then, now they just keep electing terrorists. Shit.

Arabs benefited greatly from the pilgrimage, so knowledge could flow from the far East to northern Africa. Scholarly cities like Timbuktu, Harar, Bagdad, etc. as centers of learning popped up and there was a great thirst for knowledge. Fast forward to today and we can see that progress has halted among most religions but especially in the Arab culture. The Arabization of Islam is something that concerns me especially in Africa. In Somalia were seeing a conservative brand of Islam that has no roots in out culture and in West Africa we have ancient libraries being put at risk in Mali due to this arab influence.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote