View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #11659
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

This movie was straight up trash!

The movie has quite a few quality actors and actresses in it. The story line was atrocious. The fight sequences were boring and copied from many different movies. I could not find one redeeming quality about this movie.

I am one of the hugest martial art fans in the world. Its a str8 to bootleg watch only.

I totally disagree with Vragrant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant

The Man With The Iron Fists

7.5/10

This film pays homage to the old school kung fu flicks in this ultra stylized modernized version produced by the RZA. The RZA plays an unassuming blacksmith forced to make weapons for rival clans and ancient China so he can seek his freedom. The stakes rise higher when a clan leader is assassinated and his chosen son seeks revenge. Meanwhile a mysterious soldier (played by Russell Crowe) enters the frey and an unlikely alliance is born.

If you like this genre like I do you'll love this film. The action sequences are unique, spliced with the grace and artistry of Crouching Tiger and the visceral appeal of a Kill Bill. Strong pacing and acting throughout with Lucy Liu/Russell Crowe/Rick Yune. Even Cung Le and RZA are solid. It went in knowing it would be impressive stylistically but it was better than I expected. Great debut from the RZA.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote