View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
bootsy
I hit open 5-footers

bootsy has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Illini thread. Feel free to delete, Jeff or anyone else, if I'm the only one left.

Yeah still here. It is quite refreshing to see how this team is playing so far. I know the last few years have been so frustrating but to do the unexpected and win Maui has me re-energized. It will be interesting to see where they take it with big games at Gonzaga and Missouri before the beginning of the B10 season. I know it's wayyyyy toooo early to make this comparison but this team could be a little like UConn in 10-11. Led by a 20 point scoring guard and have good overall guard play but suspect post play. I thought about this comparison before the season even started but obviously want to see how it plays out. Also winning Maui is a good track record for making the tourney. In Maui's history beginning in 1984 only 2 teams failed to make the tournament and that was in 2 of the first 3 years of the tournament. 4 teams won the title, 1 runner up, 2 semifinalists, 2 elite eight appearances, 4 to the sweet 16.
bootsy is offline   Reply With Quote