View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #913
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Most of the fight Guerrero was pushing him on the ropes and holding with one hand and punching with the other. He was fighting dirty like Bernard Hopkins. The same stuff he was calling in the first 8 rounds, he basically let go in the last few. Than he hit like like 4 times after the bell rang, lol

That ref should be banned from any major boxing matches.
Really? I felt Berto was doing a lot of the holding..

I'm also surprised how the ghost, who was the smaller fighter, was able to bully and bulldoze Berto the whole fight. He made him his bitch. Inactivity since his last fight really hurt Berto here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade305
Major props to Guerrero. Fought the smartest fight possible against this guy. Dont exchange in the middle of the ring with distance, and if he did get hit, he made sure it was in the shortest range possible where he knew he can take those shots(Berto is not heavy handed, just lightning fast and very accurate with his right.). Guerrero was suppose to be the smaller guy, but he dictated the pace and bullied the f*ck out of Berto which was very surprising.

I'm surprised he went into a phone booth fight with Berto. But he was able to take Bertos power shots very well. I wouldn't say it was the smartest way to fight him, but definitely the most ballsy way.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote