View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #141
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

I don't think believing Trent is the better player is somehow disrespecting Alf. Morris has had a very nice season and deserves credit for it. Yeah, probably more credit than he gets, because RG3 takes up 99.99% of the attention in Washington and it has obstructed the fact that they've also acquired a nice young runningback.

I just believe Richardson will eventually become one of the best backs in the league and I don't think Alf has that kind of upside. Richardson looked amazing for about the first five games or so. He was really nicked up with some injuries in the middle part of the season and it was amazing that he was even playing. A guy like McFadden would have been out for 5 or 6 games with his kind of injuries. Instead of focusing on his ypc, I think he deserves a lot of credit for gutting it out and playing when he clearly wasn't 100-percent.

Also, it should always be noted that Richardson is playing in the AFC North. When you are playing the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals as nearly half of your regular season games, huge rushing days are hard to come by.

Still, since starting to get healthy again a few weeks ago, Richardson is averaging a little under 140 total yards the last four weeks. That is nothing to sneeze at.

In our last two divisional games, Richardson has had 136 yards against Baltimore and 112 yards and a TD against the Steelers today.

The Redskins have played two AFC North teams this season... Morris had 78 yards and a TD against Cincinnati and 59 yards against the Steelers.

Again, nothing against Alf. He's had a very nice year. Evaluations should always be about more than the most basic statistics, though.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-26-2012 at 12:41 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote