View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #145
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Redskins trade for #2 overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GpJI8NeTA&feature=plcp

basically that 8 turnovers and won by 6 with no big ben? I'm not surer what the standards are in cleveland but both teams are mediocre to bad. I would hope a running back drafted with the 5th pick would get 100+ yards with 29 freaking carries against a regressing steelers team. Just ask j charles from the chiefs he pounded them for 100 yards with nearly 2 more yards per carry and got a TD
Where he was drafted is completely beside the point right now. I was against the idea of taking a RB that high and made my opinion about it very clear on this very board prior to the draft.

But, once the guy is on the team, it matters very little where he was drafted to me. Plenty of high draft picks end up being mediocre players and plenty of late-round draft picks end up being studs. You can't just brush off solid performances because of the player's draft position. It was either good or not. Trent grinded out a nice game for himself and the team today. Period.

I also like how you list the one guy whose had a lot of success running the ball against the Steelers this year. Even they are allowed one off day.

How about last week when this same Steelers' defense "on the decline" held Ray Rice to 40 yards on 20 carries? Or when they held Shady McCoy to 52 yards? Or Morris 59 yards? Or McGahee 64 yards?

In fact, I think the only two guys to go over 100 yards on the Steelers' defense this year were Charles and McFadden. And there aren't many backs who totaled 112 yards and a TD or more against them.

Yeah, it was a good day.

And, we are 3-8. Congratulations on noting the standards aren't all that high on getting a win. Want a medal?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote