View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #27
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: The Walking Dead (television only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
I had no intentions of doing such things, as my post clearly didn't infer anything else other than 'events'. Those events could be anything, but I am looking forward to a few things.

That being said, I thought it was interesting that rick decided to just go, he left the prisoners with a woman who was just dehydrated for a period of time and a newborn?

I'm confused as to why the hell maggie needs to ask to talk to glenn when the walls are clearly thin enough to just start yelling, unless they need to whisper(?).

Now for those of you experiencing *just* the TV show, what are your thoughts on the Governor?

I think one of the issues the show is having with dealing with Governor vs. the expectations of the reading audience is that they've clearly taken a hidden approach to revealing him, which I'm not sure they did in the comics, since I didn't read them.
They're using this character to mislead the audience. They give you Andrea for the audiences' perspective. She's pretty happy there. Place seems safe and comfortable. Then they use his dark side as shocking reveal to the audience to build tension.
In Game of Thrones for example, Ned Stark's death in season one was a shock, but it was written that way in the book. I get the feeling The Governor's psychosis is much more up front in the books here. Hiding it leaves the character feeling flat for the time being. Only hinting at stuff about him, then revealing things when Andrea isn't around.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote