View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
plowking
305ballin

plowking has an incredible reputation hereplowking has an incredible reputation hereplowking has an incredible reputation hereplowking has an incredible reputation hereplowking has an incredible reputation hereplowking has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Best in game dunks

Two stick out in my mind. Both came in high school when I could probably dunk at my best, and was lightest. I'm 6'2 or 6'3 btw. Not really sure. Somewhere around that mark.
One was a tip back slam from a free throw. The guy next to me seemed to blank out and go in late to box out, while I just took off. Like most in here, it was a perfect bounce off the ring, and I jammed it back in, with a late box out coming, hence me hanging and leaving my nuts in the defenders face. lol...

My masterpiece, and something I will never ever forget in my life, was actually called an offensive foul. I honestly couldn't care now, and didn't care then.
I've always been a one footed jumper, and absolutely hated coming in from the right side for dunks, since I'm right handed. I like finishing middle.
On this occasion though, I somehow get a fast break with me, and the opposition 6'6 or 6'7 center who was blocking everyone that game (even our 6'8 center).
He had a tonne of blocks that game, so he tracks back to the key baiting me to go up since he probably wanted another to look good. I just end up taking off of two feet, gain a bit of leverage as my off elbow hits him in the neck/shoulder area, and **** back the ball a little to avoid his arm (ala Vince on Alonzo , obviously not as far back as Vince) and ram the shit home. The sound on the ring was deafening; just a giant clap, and the arrogant 6'7 center is on the ground from me pushing off. I saw the ref call an offensive foul straight away, but I was too busy screaming like a maniac to care, and I just remember my 6'8 center on our team coming over and slapping me on the chest not believing what he saw.
Felt fantastic. Only bummer was, there wasn't a big crowd, since it was just a regular season game, and not a cup game, where we'd usually get a lot of the school into the gymnasium to watch.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote