Originally Posted by Court Vision
Andy Katz reported that he burned many bridges.
There are many factors playing into why UConn is still stuck at the kiddie table.
The only thing UConn had that separated them from UMass is the fact that thery hired Calhoun, while UMass hired Calipari who was looking to move up from the day he stepped on campus.
Not looking good for UConn. The UConn message boards are in meltdown mode right about now.
They would love to join the B1G, but that is not happening. They better hope that someone walks away from the ACC.
1. Uconn football brings in no money compared to basketball, never has, they can barely afford to keep the stadium running. Simple as that, no "bridges were burned" in this decision. It's all business
2. FSU is trying to go to the SEC, Uconn is next in line, then Cincinnati
3. The former athletic director is the one who burned the bridge with Boston College (which supposedly has been mended), who stopped us from joining the ACC years ago, the basketball coach does not make business decisions bro but we don't have bad blood with any of the programs, and most of them (including Louisville) are probably going to vote us in if another team leaves
4. The Big East is far from being the "kiddie table". Uconn, Memphis, Villanova, Georgetown, Marquette, and Cincinnati are all teams that you see regularly in the rankings. Far stronger than SEC basketball.
5. Boise State is coming for football to replace Rutgers, and in the next 10 years UCONN will be far better at the sport
and Andy Katz... dude is always sniffing up dirt that isn't there
UNRELATED note to UCONN fans: Is anyone else starting to hate Susan Herbst? She graduated from Duke, turned UCONN into a police state, and is ruining our athletics programs