View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Better Stern Phrase: "For Basketball Reasons" or "Substantial Sanctions"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
sup dude.

What did he refer to when he said that?

My all time favorite would be and I'm paraphrasing here, "Do you still beat your wife?" towards Jim Rome.

not much, just chilling

no clue what he was referring to, but from the quote:

Quote:
Stern told the room he knows where “the bodies are buried” in the NBA, witnesses recounted, because he had buried some of them himself.

“It was shocking,” Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose(notes) told Yahoo! Sports. “I was taking off my gear, and when he said that, I just stopped and thought, ‘Whoa …’

“I couldn’t believe that he said it.”

Rose wasn’t alone. Said another All-Star in the room, “I was shocked … just shocked.”

people have theorized that it was a Jordan gambling thing, but I'm not sure that would get that kind of reaction at a players' meeting, so it would have to be something more far-reaching that would impact a large number of players (either everyone today, or the 'old guard' of guys who were around for the last lockout)

the Rome line was great...I guess Stern has known he was stepping down for some time, so he's just having fun with it at this point
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote