View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #203
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation
Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
You guys will be fine by the time the tourney comes around but this is definitely the most raw freshman class I've seen from Coach Cal since he took over at UK. I think Isaiah Austin is pretty far ahead of Noel and will be drafted ahead of him this summer.

Honestly, I've been more impressed by Cauley-Stein than Noel. Poythress remind me of Terrence Jones a bit. If anyone wants a laugh, go check out Rupp Rafters right now.

I'm not sure how you get that about Noel, he missed a lot of easy shots today he normally makes, but he's the only one playing with consistent energy, and he actually does make the right play most of the time.

Poythress, I don't know, he just looks like he's really unsure all of the time. When he gets the ball he usually makes a move, but even then he often goes into multiple defenders and puts up a bad shot. And that's not exclusive to him, the team as a whole tends to lack basketball IQ and situational awareness. He makes these explosive athletic plays, but the savvy, skilled plays seem beyond him at times.

I think they'll get better, these last 2 games they've missed a ton of shots they were making with relative ease early on. Wiltjer has to make shots, he doesn't offer much else out there. He still looks nervous, which is concerning seeing as how he's the only player with experience. Harrow looked good at the end, he has to play and run the team with some efficiency for us to get where we need to be.

Archie is really good, but he's forcing it.
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote