View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #204
Grinder

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
I'm not sure how you get that about Noel, he missed a lot of easy shots today he normally makes, but he's the only one playing with consistent energy, and he actually does make the right play most of the time.

Poythress, I don't know, he just looks like he's really unsure all of the time. When he gets the ball he usually makes a move, but even then he often goes into multiple defenders and puts up a bad shot. And that's not exclusive to him, the team as a whole tends to lack basketball IQ and situational awareness. He makes these explosive athletic plays, but the savvy, skilled plays seem beyond him at times.

I think they'll get better, these last 2 games they've missed a ton of shots they were making with relative ease early on. Wiltjer has to make shots, he doesn't offer much else out there. He still looks nervous, which is concerning seeing as how he's the only player with experience. Harrow looked good at the end, he has to play and run the team with some efficiency for us to get where we need to be.

Archie is really good, but he's forcing it.

Noel will be a good player - no doubt about that. I've just never been sold on him as a top 5 pick, let alone the #1 overall. Nothing he's done suggests to me that he'll ever be a refined offensive player. I like his energy and defense but those types of players generally aren't top 5 picks. He was active today but a guy that size going 3/15 in a college gams is unacceptable.

Poythress' decision making is certainly questionable but I love his skillset along with his athleticism and strength. I think another year of school and he could be an absolute monster and top 3 pick.

Wiltjer needs to start taking on a bigger role and playing bigger. He's soft, can't play defense, and when his shot's not falling he's basically useless out there.

Nik Stauskas from Michigan really is an amazing shooter. Love watching these Wolverines play. Could be primed for a deep run in the NCAAs.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote