View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #24
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Unnamed KC Cheifs Player Commits Suicide at Arrowhead Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
I doubt anybody disagrees that he did the most despicable, horrible thing you can do. But quotes coming from people who knew him as a good guy aren't going to change, nor do I think they're apologetic. His final terrible action doesn't change the relationship he had with people who knew him.

Had he gone to jail? Every single day we see people convicted of crimes, sent to jail, and people who knew them previously talk about "he was a quiet guy...great family man... good neighbor...never expected anything like this".

You can't ignore the cowardly act that will define his life for people that never knew him. But you can't ask people who knew him for reasons other than that final act to ignore that experience.
I think I'm more upset with the media pushing those quotes. You give those type of quotes when you want your reader to feel sympathetic and know what a great guy was lost. I understand I'm watching/reading sports media and that will focus more on him but I at least hope local KC media is shining some light on the one murdered and less on the murderer. Killing the mother of your child is one thing, killing her with your daughter and mother in the house is another, then not even man enough to face what you did? Hope he rots in hell, f*ck whatever type of guy he was before yesterday.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote