View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #85
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kaepernick to start Sunday against Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Here's the problem with Kap that I think we all recognized:

The knock on Alex is that he can't win games (even though he's proven that he can), and that he manages games (again... some stigma things left over), but it is his strength that he doesn't lose games.

Kap, we thought, still has the possibility of doing that, and that's exactly what happened yesterday. And he didn't do what he's out there to do which is make the big plays Alex supposedly can't.

Once that cooled down it was going to be up to Kap to know how to make the right throws, make them good, and not lose the game. Now he has had two great mentors, and I am fully confident in his ability to eventually turn the corner. But it's not a magic trick, this shit takes time. And we have a possible SB team that can't risk the time needed.

It's further complicated by the fact that if he switches back again without a clearly severe cause (injury/absolute shit play) then the controversy is really on, and that could ruin things too. Harbaugh has put himself in a box, and I think it was poor, short sighted management the way this has all been handled.

If Kap finishes out the season Alex is gone. So then the question is... to where?

It was a horrible decision from the get go. Kaepernick has phenomenal potential there's no doubting that but you just don't put in a rookie QB with his playing style at this point of the season with our aspirations. Young athletic QB's who's game is built around scrambling never succeed early and usually defenses find ways to contain them once tape is on them.. The same can probably be said on every sub QB actually.

Kaep gave the Rams 10 blatant points. Our defense was manhandling the Rams offense at will and people love to call Alex a "game manager" but even Alex's worst performance would have still earned us the win yesterday. Alex would've threw it away or taken a sack with those situations yesterday and he probably would have gotten criticized for being conservative but at times conservative wins ball games.

I also love how the receivers were apparently excited about the new switch but almost all of them have seen their numbers drop significantly.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote