View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #28
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: Everything that is Overrated (Breaking Bad and Marvel Studios)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
I'm with you on Breaking Bad. Season One just went nowhere for me and I never bothered continuing on with it.
I have, and it gradually gets more and more ridiculous.

Plot contrivances GALORE. Tons of conveniences, too many to seem plausible. And they get worse as the seasons progress, yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
Avengers flicks...I quite like, but I take them for what they are: comic books being made into movies. I don't go all critical on them...its just frickin' cartoon pictures done with real people. Take them in the spirit they're being made in and they're just a good time. People coming out going "OMG PLOT HOLZ" are missing the point entirely, but that's just my view.
I don't think so. That's kind of a nose up at the material. And it's what held it back for so long on screen. They have the capability of being so much more than "cartoon pictures"

That's why they've had such longevity. They've proven to be reflections of real world society. Life imitates art, and art imitates life. These characters and stories should peel back layers to the times. You can take these characters, give great mass marketed entertainment for all ages, while also making intelligent psychological statements and dramas.

Avengers literally makes it a cartoon made to make fun of ... or have cheap fun. However you see it, I guess.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote