View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: No More Homework!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
Good luck being in the habit of doing no homework in high school and hitting college with subjects like calc and orgo.
As I alluded to earlier in this thread, I'm not entirely convinced every last bit of homework should be eliminated in the K-12 levels of work, but I think a very, very significant portion of it could be eliminated without negative repercussion.

I wonder what the true correlation between having homework since kindergarten (as is the case now) and its effectiveness in preparation for, as you say, college calc. and orgo. classes. Again, my feeling is the idea of "prepping for future homework by giving homework now" is a little off base. For instance, I think someone who excels in high school science classes that give no homework would be just as prepared (if not more so) for a college organic chemistry class than another student who didn't do quite as well but had homework in his high school science classes every night.

Spending extra time on something isn't exactly brain surgery. I really do not believe students need to prep for spending time on a class outside of class by practicing it for 10 to 12 years in advance.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote