View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #46
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputation
Default Re: Problem with Kobe is not his offense, it's his defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
Watching the games. I've seen every every game up until now, and that's what I'm basing my opinion on.

I actually think he's played great so far(unlike many of his teammates), my only gripe has been with his defense. He's just not playing it. He completely sags off his man no matter the situation, hardly bothers to fight around screens, doesn't rotate when he should, and often times lets his man blow right by him without so much as moving his feet.

He's clearly the best player on the team, and he's playing some of the best offensive ball of his career, but that doesn't blind me from the fact that he needs to step it up defensively.

The only Laker who's played above league average defensively so far is Dwight Howard, but even he's played below his usual standards.

- Twice he let his man get past....but look at how he is positioning himself....

He is Roamng the lanes because he is the smartest defender on the team...

People saw the same thing with Shane Battier and Bruce Bowen all of those years. Neither had the speed to keep up with players at one point, but their defensive IQ's were so high, they knew how to shake up an opposing team's strategy. They knew where to lead particular scorers (baseline, paint, out of recognized hot spots) and how to do it without fouling.

Just ecause Bowen or Battier get beat a few times...does that mean they are playing bad defense?

- and they do half the work Kobe does.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote