View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:11 AM   #4
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Hobbit will be shown in 2D, 3D and high-rate-frame 3D

Some folks are loving 48 fps and some are hating it.

Loving it
http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/pet...buts-in-48fps/
Quote:
The experience I had watching The Hobbit the first time was on of utter fascination: was I seeing a glimpse at the future of cinema? A glorious, grand, epic, fun adventure about a small little Hobbit and thirteen of his Dwarf friends running across the hills and valleys of Middle Earth to reclaim some mountain taken over by a dragon. Was the HFR distraction just a temporary interference or greater hindrance? The one thing I can say:...I've never experienced visuals like this.

Mixed Feelings
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-r...b_2233959.html
Quote:
my feelings about the format are very mixed. With all that in mind, I'm just going to go ahead and answer every question I had about the format before seeing it for myself.

Q: How does the 48-FPS format differ from most other films?

A: It has twice as many frames per second. This gives it an incredibly clear picture. Which is part of the problem.

Q: Why would a clearer image be a problem?

A: Because, as it turns out, it's possible for an image to look so clear that it no longer looks real. Or so real that it takes you out of the film. As in: that film set looks like ... a film set. Put it this way: the picture is so clear that in one scene I could see Ian McKellen's contact lenses. I won't claim to be a Tolkien expert, but I am pretty sure Acuvue does not exist in Middle Earth.

Q: Did you enjoy watching The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in 48 FPS?

A: Yes and no, for completely different reasons. I'll admit, it was fascinating to watch a movie in 48 FPS because, honestly, I've never seen anything like it. Ever. So, from a technology standpoint, I enjoyed it quite a bit. But! To the extent that I simply wanted to watch a movie and be immersed in another world, it was distracting.

Q: How was it distracting?
.......Click link for much more

Hating it
Quote:
Some viewers told the Sunday Times that the filming technique made them nauseous and dizzy, with some even complaining of migraines.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote